Our Academic Programs Include:
- An education in accordance with New Jersey core curriculum standards
- Implementation of the student’s IEP
- Small class ratios with a teacher assistant in each class
- State certified teachers who are highly qualified
- An effective behavioral management system which encourages positive and appropriate interactions and personal success
- Transitional services link students with unique opportunities for future career building and higher learning opportunities
- Thematic instructional units to promote various skills through hands-on exploration and activities
- 1:1 laptops for each student
- Google Apps for Education
- Yoga Therapy
- Yoga Therapy Room relaxation
- Workout Room
- Academic and Cultural Trips
- Language Arts
- Social Studies
- World Language
- Physical Education/Health
- Financial Literacy
*Requirements are subject to change based upon the students IEP.
- Driver Education
- Business Math
- Job Skills
- Life Skills
*Other offerings based on club availability and student interests
Every student enrolled in Ocean Academy is assigned a school counselor. The services provided by the counseling staff include: Individual, group and family counseling, case management and coordination of community resources, as indicated by the student’s IEP. Emergency services and crisis intervention are provided for those students requiring immediate intervention throughout the day.
Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy are provided as per the students IEP.
Students are permitted to participate in sports and clubs from their home school district. Ocean Academy provides behavior updates to coaches and club advisors.
Computer assisted instruction designed to meet individual student needs and home internet access when needed.
Students need to pass their courses to accumulate sufficient credit hours, as defined by their individual education plan (IEP), to receive a High School diploma on graduation.
Extended school year program available.
CONTACT US ANYTIME
Ocean Academy – 160 Route 9, Bayville, NJ 08721 – Phone: 732-505-2260 Fax: 732-505-1802