How To Relieve Holiday Stress
By: Lynn Newman, Supervisor of Clinical Services/School Social Worker
- Know your budget and spend within your means
- If you are unable to visit family, connect with a friend from your neighborhood or church.
- Don’t overindulge
- Find joy in the season
- Be more physically active to reduce stress
- Don’t over commit..learn to say no
- The holidays aren’t perfect..be realistic
- Pay attention to your body. Headaches, over eating, stomach aches and sleep disturbance are symptoms of stress
- Take some “me time” to relax
- Seek professional help if needed.