Healthy Body & Mind: Smart Snacking
It’s just plain boring to eat the same foods over and over again.. that is why we asked our team to share their favorite healthy foods of 2015.
All of which we encourage you to try adding into your regular diet.
- Whole raw almonds. “I just absolutely love how they can be conveniently taken on the go. If a meeting is running longer than expected, I’m stuck in traffic, or just too hungry before lunch, I can always throw a few back to sustain my energy. Having a bag of almonds in my bag is perfect for me and my on-the-go lifestyle.” ~ Brittany
- Green tea. “It is a great replacement for coffee and is full of antioxidants and boosts my metabolism. I love to drink a cup in the morning to get going and also before a workout.” ~ Tim
- Avocado. “It has over 20 vitamins and high in monounsaturated fat which helps lower “bad” cholesterol. The avocado is a fun food and something I enjoy eating for breakfast with eggs and my 5 year old son who loves to eat it with me. It also reminds me of summer and wonderful times with my wife, so I would say the avocado is my favorite healthy food.” ~ Merle
- Kale. “Specifically Tuscan (or Black) Kale. Very high concentrations of two important antioxidants: carotenoids and flavanoids – proven to aid in the prevention of bladder, breast, colon, ovary and prostate cancer. Loaded with vitamins and minerals that boost cardiovascular health and detoxify the system.” ~ Ross
- Kefir. “This is a fermented milk (like a yogurt) and it’s packed with nutrients and probiotic which is very beneficial for digestion and gut health. It sounds like a crazy option for dairy but you can buy it at most supermarkets and it comes in a variety of flavors.” ~ Clark
From Merle Taylor Regional Manager/Managing Partner from MedPro Wellness