Ocean Mental Health Services Presents:
Anxiety Through the Lifespan
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Location: Clarion Hotel & Conference Center 815 Rte. 37W, Toms River, NJ 08755
Registration Fee: Before 9/29 $89 After 9/29 $99
Registration Closes: 10/10/17
Approved for 6 Clinical CE Credits for social workers approval #171207-1128
Presenter: Joseph Springer, Ph.D.
Seminar Description: Anxiety disorders are among the most commonly diagnosed mental disorders, affecting approximately 18% of the adult population and 10-20% of the child and adolescent population. This workshop covers epidemiology, physiological and psychological factors that contribute to the development of an anxiety disorder, the phenomenological experience of having an anxiety disorder, evidence-based pharmacological and psychological interventions and future directions in the treatment of anxiety disorders.
BIO – Presenter: Joseph Springer, Ph.D.
- PhD Temple University in Counseling Psychology
- Clinical Internship at the VA Medical Center, Coatesville, PA
- Over 30 years of clinical experience in such settings as private practice, community mental health, inpatient psychiatric hospitals, neuropsychological practice, nursing homes/geriatric care, developmental disabilities, rehabilitation
- Professor and Director of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling Program at Georgian Court University
- Graduate of the Behavioral Therapy Training Institute sponsored by the International Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Foundation
- Level II trained clinician through the EMDR Institute
- Post-doctoral fellow in Psychopharmacology
EVENT SPONSORS: Thank YOU!